Associate Director | Market & Social Research | Sydney-NSW
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Associate Director - Market and Social Research
We're looking for an Associate Director to join Hall & Partners | Open Mind.
Hall and Partners | Open Mind are one of Australia's leading communication and behaviour change research consultancies. We work across a range of sectors including entertainment, technology, banking, and government – helping our clients to understand what makes people tick and how their brand or communication campaigns can change behaviour and drive engagement.
As an Associate Director in our Sydney team, you'll work with some of Australia's leading brands and government organisations. You'll work closely with the Senior Management Team to produce highly actionable and creative tailored research solutions to address tricky client problems. This role will see you running different research projects across commercial and social clients.
The successful candidate will have around 5+ years' experience with qualitative research and be comfortable running large-scale qual studies from end-to-end. If you have a background or some experience in quantitative research that's a bonus, as we love it when our team members to be able to work across sectors and methodologies.
What you'll own in this Associate Director job
- You'll design creative qualitative research solutions for clients on an ad-hoc basis to meet their highly individual needs.
- You'll demonstrate a desire to get your hands dirty – to be out there conducting groups, running in-home ethnography and spending time with participants to observe their context and their lives
- You'll have an opportunity to think creatively and to adjust approaches and methodology to suit a wide range of different client sectors, including social and government, entertainment, financial services and FMCG.
- You will effect behaviour change and demonstrate a desire to work with clients to help them change behaviour for the positive, whether the focus of this is to increase sales, or to address deeper social issues in society.
- You will enjoy working in a highly fluid and dynamic manner. As a consultancy, we need to adapt to the market and be constantly creative to meet the needs of our clients. You need to embrace ambiguity and be comfortable trying new things out for the first time, in a high pressure environment.
- You'll have a chance to drive growth in the business – working closely with the Partners to identify opportunities and leverage the strengths of our global organisation in this local market
- You'll exercise your natural curiosity about why people do what they do. If human behaviour doesn't interest you, this is not the role for you.
- You'll exercise your creative ability to tell stories, not just produce reports.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years' experience working within qualitative research within an agency environment
- Broad experience across consumer and government clients
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Proven experience running large-scale qual studies from end-to-end
- Strong presentation skills
- Flexibility and availability around domestic travel
Why Hall and Partners | Open Mind
- We're very good at what we do – which means we have great clients and we see some incredibly interesting briefs.
- We focus on creativity and problem solving, not research for the sake of research.
- We allow our team the scope to solve problems in their own way, not using formulas or basic black-box solutions.
- We work across so many sectors that you'll never get bored – you'll hop from government to FMCG to finance to entertainment…all in one day.
- We'll make you a better consultant (and a better researcher) and we'll help you learn more about human behaviour, with access to global training resources and some of the best researchers we can find.
About this company
Hall & Partners | Open Mind, part of the Clemenger Group, is a global consultancy specialising in brand engagement and communications research.
Using a combination of quantitative and qualitative measures, along with advanced marketing analytics, we help brands understand people and build relationships that matter. We believe research is about ideas and ideas come from people.
We bring together a dynamic group of individuals with a range of backgrounds to draw on but fired by a common interest in people's lives and solving problems for our clients.
This unique mix of perspectives and experiences allows us to deliver fresh new research ideas and approaches.
To apply for this role please or similar roles within the Clemenger Group in Sydney please email Sandra at Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Clemenger Group Careers page.
Please note: all applicants must have valid Australian working rights.
Click here to find out what it's like to work at Hall & Partners| OpenMind