Head of Design | Melbourne-VIC
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Head of Design
WHO IS CHE PROXIMTY
It's not what it used to be.
It's about ideas that penetrate culture.
Ideas the world wants and needs.
Not just 30 second spots and four sheet posters.
At CHE Proximity, we're putting advertising back together again. We solve business problems by starting with the value of customers
Our agency is at the intersection of data, technology, customer experience, media and brand.
From Apple Watch Apps that make it safe for women to walk the streets at night, to a program of content that genuinely makes small business smarter. From campaigns that blatantly use competitor spend to drive sales, to utilities that reframe complex decisions and make them simple.
‘Advertising' isn't the best way to describe what we do at CHE Proximity.
We're building the agency of tomorrow, and making people move valuable to brands.
THAT'S WHY WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE NEW BREED OF HEAD OF DESIGN
A Head of Design that loves creativity and the opportunities new technologies provide. Change is something they thrive on and moving fast keeps it interesting for them. No task is too big, actually the bigger the task the bigger the challenge. And there is nothing better than delivering what others thought was not possible. You love the challenge of bringing out the best in others around you and you lead by example with your best in class design approach and practice.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- You are the conduit between Creative, Production, Craft and Design – making big ideas better with your design excellence and technical capability
- You'll work with, lead and nurture the design team on all design solutions, including, web platforms, interactive, social, tablet and mobile
- Create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas and establish the conceptual and stylistic execution of them
- Be responsible for the quality of your teams executions and quality of designs
- Collaborate with the creative, experience, data and engineering teams to create human centred designs.
- Ensures digital concepts and designs are achievable against usability best practices, cross browser compatibility, and leading web, mobile or app design trends and are technically feasible.
- Form an integral link between the Creative and Account teams to lead the growing digital offering
- Have a passion for strategy, and the ability to turn data insights into conceptual experiences
- Responsible for seeing the idea through the creative process to final sign off
- Deliver pixel perfect design with a meticulous eye for detail
- Work as a team with copywriters, designers and developers
- Constantly seek to further your knowledge by keeping up-to-date with new technologies, trends and processes
- Loves to work collaboratively and openly with both clients and team-mates. You're not afraid to share a sketch or 'incomplete' design, relishing these moments as opportunities to improve the work
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU ARE THE ONE
- An impeccable portfolio with pixel perfect design
- Have a sound understanding of platforms and new technologies
- Have sound understanding of typography, colour, form and symmetry
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Have excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
- Estimate your work, and the work of others when required
- Ensure adherence to all design estimates you have created
- Provide digital insights for creatives, developers, producers, designers and account service
- Be passionate, enthusiastic and a collaborative team member
- Have a vibrant and easy going personality
- Solid knowledge of Adobe/Sketch/Invision
- Minimum of 5 years working as a designer in an agency environment
- Can hack around in HTML/CSS
Other things that would make you kick arse in this role
- An unwavering and contagious positive attitude
- Loves working with people and gets on with anyone
- Ambitious to grow the design offering within the agency
- Wants to do innovative work, that no one has done before
- Be an amazing presenter to clients and internal staff
- Can teach us a thing or two about animation