Digital Designer | Auckland-NZ
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Colenso are looking for a talented Digital Designer to join our team, working for one of the best agencies in not just NZ, but the world.
This role requires someone motivated and enthusiastic to work collaboratively as part of a wider team, to translate user and business problems, and requirements into compelling, innovative digital experiences.
This role uses creativity, research, problem solving and design to create digital experiences that matter, be it websites, apps, products, social content, or anything that requires a zero or one.
They are skilled in explaining and defending their work, with their positions founded in facts, not opinions. They fight for the right solution, not the trending one.
So, who are we after?
You are most likely a Junior Designer looking for your next challenge, and ready to progress to an Intermediate level. That said, we're interested in looking at Intermediates for this role as well.
You must be passionate about design and technology, as well as keeping up with the latest user interface patterns and trends.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years professional digital design experience with a portfolio demonstrating your process from sketch work, wireframes, to final UI, and any live projects
- Degree in relevant field preferable
- Proven experience with real projects
- User of Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, with broad knowledge of other relevant prototyping and design tools.
- Knowledge and demonstration of UX
- Solid design skills, concept skills with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction detail
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- A passion for Advertising
- Proactive attitude and an individual that wants to learn
- Someone who can take knocks but gets back up again
- Able to take direction well from more senior members while adding value wherever possible
- Prototyping and wireframing ranging from low-fidelity to high-fidelity
- Visual design concepts including production ready artwork
- Pattern library creation
- Banner Ads
What makes this role unique?
This is a fabulous opportunity not only to get your foot in the door at a leading agency but also an opportunity to learn from some of the best in the industry, and work collaboratively on a variety of different kinds of projects. Working as part of a wider team, you will get the chance to work alongside Developers, Art Directors, Copywriters and Producers. You'll be producing digital design solutions that will effectively communicate with the target audience and fulfil the marketing objectives from the brief.
Colenso is an award winning agency and part of the Clemenger Group - New Zealand's largest and most successful group of advertising creative communication companies.
We have 8 agencies in New Zealand and 16 in Australia. BBDO was named Network of the year (for the 3rd year in a row) and Colenso has just been named #2 Agency in the world!
26% of the shares are owned by staff and we are 100% locally managed. We are in the BBDO network which is the world's most effective creative network (290 offices - 90 countries - 17,000+ staff). This means you are part of a highly regarded global network that has local focus and truly values their staff.
We encourage a good work-life balance and support that through staff initiatives and programmes. This includes massages and free fruit and snacks. Culture and people are our focus and as such we like to enjoy the company of the people we work with.
If interested, please ensure you apply online as we do not accept direct applications.
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.