Intermediate Software Developer | Auckland-NZ
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Intermediate Software Developer
In this role, you'll be responsible for building dynamic customer experiences across Perceptive software platforms to improve usability and deliver new value for our customers and stakeholders.
You will work across world class projects and dabble in experimental projects involving Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networking and Microservices – if this gets you excited too, please keeping reading on!
So, who are we after?
We are after a talented mid weight software developer who wants to work in a truly collaborative and industry leading market research company that is based in Albany, on Auckland's beautiful north shore.
We encourage you to have your own opinions, to take ownership of your ideas, and contribute to the team's knowledge of the evolving technologies in the market. You'll be someone who naturally exudes confidence (without the ego) and is consistently upskilling, learning, and shows a genuine passion for the tech industry.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to contribute your ideas on an array of projects, ask thought provoking questions, and is constantly curious to know and learn more. We don't operate with micro managers and we value everyone's independence, while also being a very supportive and collaborative team.
Though the right technical background is important, the key to success in this role will be your ability to work as part of a team. Perceptive prides itself on its agile development environment, so you will need to bring excellent communication skills and work effectively with other like-minded software professionals.
Strong clear communication, being a team player, and having the right attitude is truly the key to being successful and growing in this role and company.
With a focus on user experience, you will have a proven ability to deliver high quality work and be comfortable working with both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Solid .NET development skills, particularly C# and ASP.NET.
- Web service development using REST, JSON and WebAPI.
- Solid SQL Server, T-SQL skills.
- Understanding of Source control.
- Work in a small, agile team, delivering software continuously across the entire ‘web' development stack.
- Work with project stakeholders and other developers to ensure our requirements for quality, security, scalability, and usability are met.
- Own your code all the way to production, including deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with the project management team to plan, design, and scope new features, and identify opportunities for enhancements.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and provide leadership and mentorship to junior developers.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Have a minimum of 5 years commercial full stack web development experience.
- Strong analytical thinking and aligns this to the business's requirements.
- A keen eye for quality and passionate about writing clean, sustainable and maintainable code using best practice methods. Understanding the usage of SOLID principles would be beneficial.
- Unit testing experience and testing with automation tools would be beneficial.
- Some exposure to ‘dependency injection' and ‘continuous integration/deployment' would be an advantage.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues and project details.
- Experience working in an agile working environment some experience with Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence.
How would we describe ourselves?
We are forward thinkers who work closely together, are supportive to the core, and always encourage open communication amongst the office. You'll be joining a dynamic, award winning team who are on the path to taking the market research industry by storm. We are thoughtful, enthusiastic, and inclusive – so please no big ego's. We also love a cold beer on a sunny afternoon and we'd for you to join us!
How to apply
If this sounds like you, and you want to work in a supportive harmonious environment then please submit your application online.
Direct applications will not be considered, please apply via the job ad.
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week