Junior Motion Graphics Designer | Auckland-NZ
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Junior Motion Graphics Designer
We're looking for a passionate upcoming Junior Motion Graphics Designer to join one of NZ's leading creative agencies. You'll be someone who puts up their hand to help and makes the most of every opportunity presented to them. You are curious, live and breathe creativity, and want to create great work alongside a supportive and energetic team.
So, who are we after?
You will be a budding superstar in the motion space looking to get a foot in the door. You'll be someone who can handle a fast pace environment and work well under pressure when deadlines are looming. A focus on establishing strong relationships within the agency, being empathic towards those around you, and always being proactive and constantly building on your knowledge and skills is what we're looking for – no precious types please!
As the Junior Motion Graphics Designer, you will report directly to the Head of Content, as well as work in co-operation with all other departments within the agency.
On a day to day basis, you will be challenged to produce compelling 2D and 3D VFX, animation and Motion Graphics that fulfil the requirements of the relevant departments of 99 and The Workshop. You will ultimately produce crafted CGI that works, both technically and creatively, within budget and time constraints. You will be required to work autonomously and/or as part of a multi-skilled team of content creators that deliver appropriate TV and online video content to all budget levels.
You will be expected to bring fresh ideas to the table, be confident in communicating with fellow staff, management and clients and champion the agency point of view and product.
What makes this role unique?
You get to flex your creative chops across a diverse range of projects, which helps immensely in building your knowledge across many industries. Not only are our clients dynamic and open minded, you will also get to work under some of the most talented creatives in the business.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong skills in design, and 2D motion design.
- 2D and 3D animation
- Demonstrate a proficient knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Have a good understanding of video compression techniques, for both TV and online.
- Basic knowledge of a 3D program, Cinema 4D or Maya, is desirable but not a prerequisite.
- A basic technical understanding and knowledge of the various Motion Graphics software programs, plug-ins and their application to produce the highest quality work.
- On projects: apply your graphic and creative talent to projects in order to create work that supports the high creative quality standards the agency adheres to.
- On projects: accept film and video input in whatever formats are supplied and edit this content down to the appropriate output according to the job brief.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or a minimum of 12 months experience in Motion Graphics, working in Post Production either within a Post Production Company, Broadcaster or Agency.
- VFX, compositing & motion design
- 3D modeling & animation
- Editing and Grading
- Post Supervision
- Animation direction (storyboard, design & treatment for specific motion projects)
- Capturing and transcoding
How would we describe ourselves?
We are curious, inventive, insightful, effective and collaborative and these are the key traits we look for in our staff; which in turn creates our awesome culture. We have fun, vibrant and spacious office, a bar, fruit on tap (no that's not called juice), a well-stocked fridge for insatiable all-day snackers, an in-house massage therapist, legendary staff parties and much, much more.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, and you want to work in a supportive harmonious environment then please submit your application online.
Direct applications will not be considered, please apply via the job ad.
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week