Network & Systems Engineer | Melbourne-VIC
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Clemenger Group which is a global Advertising Agency housing over 500 people in Melbourne and Sydney are looking for a Systems & Network Engineer
We require an Engineer with a balance of Network and Systems skills to work in the Infrastructure team of three. This team drives the stability and security of the Clemenger Group Technical environment.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows and MAC environment
- Demonstrated experience with Anti-Virus products, Backup products and a good understanding of networking technologies
- Experience working in a multi-site environment
- Experience in a change-managed environment
- A tertiary qualification in IT, Microsoft Certification or network technology (eg: CCNA) is advantageous and highly regarded.
Knowledge and Skills
- Powershell skills are essential
- SQL skills are essential
- Networking knowledge is essential (VLAN, Proxies, Firewalls)
- A strong understanding of general Information Technology principals
- Knowledge of Azure / O365 would be highly regarded
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Work in Infrastructure Team, supporting Senior Systems Engineer and Network Engineer
- Resolve any technical issues in a timely and professional fashion
- Act as a secondary point of contact for network related issues and provide assistance to the Senior Network Engineer.
- Assist with technical projects, with attention to documentation and adhering to Clemenger Group processes
- Assist with technical solutions and offer suggestions for improvements within the network
- Ensure all proposed solutions are aligned with the overall Clemenger Group strategy
- Provide out of hours support as required
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the technical environment
- Maintain current competency in key technologies
Approach is critical for this role.
- Be self-motivated, action oriented, think conceptually and operationally.
- Ability to trouble-shoot thoroughly
- Ability to resolve through research and doggedness to get the task in hand completed
- Ability to recognise areas of vulnerability and follow-up with investigation to ensure compliance
- Ability to build relationships, work collaboratively and consultatively within a small team environment and with other Clemenger Group staff.
- Have a quality focused approach, to develop, improve and implement streamlined processes.
- Have excellent time management skills including ability to plan, set priorities and meet deadlines, with flexibility to alter priorities to meet changing demands.
- Have well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interpret and present ideas to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate a capacity to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team.
As the business Clemenger Group and its management develop, the responsibilities and functions of positions will change. All staff are expected to contribute and adapt to change by:
- Undertaking professional development.
- Maintaining currency of professional expertise in order to maintain credibility.
- Applying skills to a number of long and short-term projects across different parts of the organization.
Commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- To be fully aware of and comply with current responsibilities and requirements of the relevant state OHS Acts, Regulations and Organisational Policy/procedures applicable to their activities;
- Report all hazards, incidents and injuries in accordance with legislation and the Clemenger Group's reporting procedures;
- Ensure liaison with employee health and safety representatives and managers / directors in regard to OHS Issues;
- Participate in programs and assessments to improve health and safety in the workplace.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week