Lead Front End Developer | Melbourne-VIC
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE NEW BREED OF SENIOR FRONTEND DEVELOPER
Someone who understands technical realities but loves using new technologies in creative ways to create user experiences no one else thought possible.
- Build best in class frontend digital experiences utilising modern front-end practice across websites, mobile and tablet HTML and apps, using latest technologies and best practice.
- Work with back-end developers, producers, UX and visuals designers in a collaborative way to scope, estimate and plan project delivery.
- Follow established principles and best practice in front end technologies for the digital team.
We are building the best digital experience capability in Sydney, and this role suits someone who is keen do ground breaking work and build a team around them. This will naturally suit someone who loves diversity in challenges, enjoys working with others to better themselves and is a proactive problem solver.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Partner with Experience Designers, Visual Designers and Producers to plan the approach for delivering best in class web experiences
- Research and explore latest and emerging frontend technologies, frameworks, trends and paradigms, working with senior developers to introduce them into the digital team
- Contribute to the continuous improvements of CHEP's digital development practices, processes and procedures
- Build capability as a Subject Matter Expert of UI development
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU ARE THE ONE
- Extensive experience building responsive and dynamic sites using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience writing ES6 code, the React ecosystem (React, Redux, Styled-components) and modern build stack (Webpack, Babel, ESLint, Prettier, etc.).
- Fluency with Git version control is a must.
- Tooling: Sketch (Mac), Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop/Illustrator), Trello, Jira.
- Experience within Agile teams and their practises
- Rest API integration experience is a must. GraphQL knowledge is an advantage
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline (e.g: GitLab CI / BitBucket) is highly desirable.
- Progressive Web App knowledge is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of AWS is highly desirable.
- Experience with CMS systems such as Adobe AEM, SiteCore, EpiServer, Contentful, WordPress and/or other CMSes is highly desirable.
Other things that would make you kick arse in this role
- Always positive, even in circumstances of extreme pressure
- Loves working with people and gets on with anyone
- Ambitions to further grow the team
- Wants to do innovative work, that no one has done before
- Challenges the status quo in everything they do
WHO IS CHE PROXIMTY
It's not what it used to be.
It's about ideas that penetrate culture.
Ideas the world wants and needs.
Not just 30 second spots and four sheet posters.
At CHE Proximity we're putting advertising back together again. We solve business problems by starting with the value of customers
Our agency is at the intersection of data, technology, customer experience, media and brand.
From Apple Watch Apps that make it safe for women to walk the streets at night, to a program of content that genuinely makes small business smarter. From campaigns that blatantly use competitor spend to drive sales, to utilities that reframe complex decisions and make them simple.
‘Advertising' isn't the best way to describe what we do at CHE Proximity.
We're building the agency of tomorrow, and making people move valuable to brands.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week