Junior Art Director
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Who is CHE Proximity?
It's not what it used to be.
It's about ideas that penetrate culture.
Ideas the world wants and needs.
Not just 30 second spots and four sheet posters.
At CHE Proximity we're putting advertising back together again. We solve business problems by starting with the value of customers
Our agency is at the intersection of data, technology, customer experience, media and brand.
From Apple Watch Apps that make it safe for women to walk the streets at night, to a program of content that genuinely makes small business smarter. From campaigns that blatantly use competitor spend to drive sales, to utilities that reframe complex decisions and make them simple.
‘Advertising' isn't the best way to describe what we do at CHE Proximity.
We're building the agency of tomorrow, and making people move valuable to brands.
As a Junior Art Director your role is to work within the creative team. You will get opportunities to work with different Copywriters and support the Art Directors to produce industry leading creative output, from initial concept through to final production. This output is limitless but can range from a variety of ATL /BTL advertising, TVCs, print based collateral, branding, digital media and social content.
A day in the life
As a Junior Art Director you will be an active participant within the Creative Department. With a big focus on conceptual thinking and creative problem solving you will always be hungry to push the envelope while being able to learn from more senior staff within the department. The main responsibilities include:
- Come up with innovative, thought provoking ideas that deliver on client objectives.
- Provide support to other design staff to ensure the idea is successfully brought to life, while always ensuring the highest level is achieved under the guidance of the Creative Director.
- Liaise and develop under the guidance of the Creative Director
- Work with the production manager, creative teams, digital designers and developers and all other agency team members that foster a bond and understanding of the business and the role you play.
- Establish an extensive knowledge of the client's brand and style guide requirements and when necessary guide and advise creative staff.
- Proactively request the appropriate information from all relevant sources to enable you to efficiently and satisfactorily complete the objectives of your projects.
- Be able to work autonomously, to ensure effective use of time and have the ability to manage workload to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Undertake the ‘proofing' of your own work prior to presentation to the creative staff or Creative Director
- Provide recommendations to Production/ Studio Manager and/or Creative Director that may improve the overall function of your position to improve the creative output
How will we know you are the one?
- Excellent ability using a Mac with software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
- Excellent design, typographical and layout skills.
- Excellent knowledge across most communications channels from traditional to digital
Other things that would make you kick arse in this role
- Always positive, even in circumstances of extreme pressure
- Loves working with people and gets on with anyone
- Ambitions to further grow the team
- Wants to do innovative work, that no one has done before
- Challenges the status quo in everything they do
The Clemenger Group Supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week