Digital Writer | Melbourne-VIC
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Attention + Influence is a CHEP division that understands the value of earning attention, instilling trust and exercising influence. It blends the arts and sciences of public relations and content marketing. They do media management, content, PR and influencer strategies for clients like Telstra, Yamaha, Carpet Court and create content and manage platforms for clients like AIA, Fitbit, Coles Liquor, Mazda, AGL and Michael Hill Jewellers.
If advertising is what you say about yourself, our role is to earn you a place in the conversations others are having about you.
By starting with the audience, the things that motivate them, and the cultural forces that influence them, we're able to contribute – not just campaign.
Taking a channel agnostic approach, we add utility, education or entertainment to form a meaningful relationship with consumers, translating to brand value and commercial outcomes for the brands we represent.
We earn brands a place in the conversations that matter to them.
THAT'S WHY WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW BREED OF WRITER
Writing's not just putting the right words in the right order – there are plenty of people who can do that. We're looking for someone who understands the context the words live in, who gets excited about persuading people to do something by understanding the user experience. The writer we're talking about can flex creatively, wrap their heads around editorial copy and digital copy, and do a bit of social on the side. They've also gotta be able to pitch in when it comes to editing others' work, too. So putting the words in the right order does still matter.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Editorial copywriting, research, interviews and image sourcing
- Digital copywriting (including eDMs, web copy and advertising)
- Limited editorial oversight on article writing
- Editorial idea generation and concepting
- Advertising idea generation and concepting
- Working with UX teams to deliver world-class digital work
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU ARE THE ONE?
- Organised and strategic creative thinker
- Adaptable in creative thinking and execution
- Good collaborator that makes the work better
- Ability to make complex data easy to understand
- Passionate about how ideas work
- Ability to adopt multiple tones and styles in your writing
Other things that would make you excel in this role
- The desire to immerse yourself in the entire agency's capability
- An enthusiasm to test new approaches and learn quickly
- Empathy and being a ‘people person', to be able to foster collaboration between departments
- Strong problem solving skills
- An interest in future technologies and their applications in digital
- Familiarity with social platforms and formats
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week