Designer | Sydney-NSW
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Porter Novelli Sydney are looking for a Midweight Designer to join their award winning team!
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Porter Novelli Australia is seeking a mid-weight designer to join its Sydney team and help deliver smart, creative and effective communications for its clients. Working as part of a national creative team which includes two designers and a creative planner in Melbourne, you will be responsible for conceptualising, creating and managing a range of print collateral and digital materials for web applications and social media. This may involve vector art manipulation and creation, photo editing, typesetting and layout. You'll need to be flexible in refining them in collaboration with consultants and clients at every stage of the design process.
APPROACH AND ATTITUDE
• Demonstrable initiative with a ‘can-do' attitude
• Eye for detail and ability to stay calm under pressure
• Pursue the highest standard in all aspects of your job
• Collaborate with every member of the team with a willingness to do what must be done
• The ability to work autonomously, with the support of creative team members in Melbourne
• Can take a brief from concept to finalisation
• Ability to problem solve under pressure
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines, both internal and external
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work autonomously
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to contribute ideas to client proposals and agency initiatives
• Ability to articulate design decisions to non-designers
• Pride in work and not afraid to stand up for the creative direction they believe in
• Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or equivalent
• Minimum three years' experience in a similar or equivalent role
• Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proficient in Microsoft Word & Microsoft PowerPoint
• Artistic talent, communication skills and creativity
• Understanding the importance of branding and working with existing brands and adhering to style guidelines
• Photography, video editing skills (Adobe Premiere Pro), and web and animation design skills (AfterEffects) are preferable but not essential
WHO ARE WE?
Porter Novelli Australia does everything you'd expect of a communications firm that's been a leader in its sector for nearly 50 years. We've never stood still and we've always been impatient to evolve. We deliver more than the expected and more of the unexpected with effective, creative business, community, brand and government communication and advice every day for clients across Australia's industry sectors.
Porter Novelli is owned by Clemenger Group Limited, Australasia's largest, most successful marketing communications company.
If this opportuity sounds like you, then please apply today with your folio for us to review
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week