CHEP Head of Design
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Head of Design
Who is CHE Proximity?
For too long, advertising agencies have been telling people what they need, even when they don't need to hear it. At CHE Proximity, we're done with the old ways of doing things. We're pioneering a new era of connection, to create the experiences people really want. Because when we collaborate with the right minds to solve the challenges that matter to our audiences, we can change the way they think, feel and act about brands.
And it all starts with understanding. Understanding the people we communicate with, and the ones we want on our team. The problem-solvers, change-makers, convention-breakers and opportunity-creators. People just like you. Like where we're going? Read on.
That's why we're looking for the new breed of Head of Design
A Head of Design that loves creativity and the opportunities new technologies provide. Change is something they thrive on and moving fast keeps it interesting for them. No task is too big, the bigger the task the bigger the challenge. And there is nothing better than delivering what others thought was not possible. You love the challenge of bringing out the best in others around you and you lead by example with your best in class design approach and practice.
A day in the life
- You are the conduit between Creative, Production, Craft and Design – making big ideas better with your design excellence and technical capability
- You'll work with, lead and nurture the design team on all design solutions, including, web platforms, interactive, social, tablet and mobile
- Create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas and establish the conceptual and stylistic execution of them
- You'll be responsible for the quality of your team's executions and quality of designs
- You'll Collaborate with the creative, experience, data and engineering teams to create human centred designs.
- You ensure digital concepts and designs are achievable against usability best practices, cross browser compatibility, and leading web, mobile or app design trends and are technically feasible.
- You form an integral link between the Creative and Account teams to lead the growing digital offering
- You have a passion for strategy, and the ability to turn data insights into conceptual experiences
- You're responsible for seeing the idea through the creative process to final sign off
- You deliver pixel perfect design with a meticulous eye for detail
- You'll work as a team with copywriters, designers and developers
- You constantly seek to further your knowledge by keeping up-to-date with new technologies, trends and processes
- You love to work collaboratively and openly with both clients and team-mates. You're not afraid to share a sketch or 'incomplete' design, relishing these moments as opportunities to improve the work
How will we know you are the one?
- An impeccable portfolio with pixel perfect design
- Have a sound understanding of platforms and new technologies
- Have sound understanding of typography, colour, form and symmetry
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Have excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
- Estimate your work, and the work of others when required
- Ensure adherence to all design estimates you have created
- Ensure concerns around timings, delivery and resources required are raised early and often
- Provide digital insights for creatives, developers, producers, designers and account service
- Be passionate, enthusiastic and a collaborative team member
- Have a vibrant and easy-going personality
- Knowledge of Adobe/Sketch/Invision is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years working as a designer in an agency environment
Other things that would make you kick arse in this role
- An unwavering and contagious positive attitude
- Loves working with people and gets on with anyone
- Ambitious to grow the design offering within the agency
- Wants to do innovative work, that no one has done before
- Be an amazing presenter to clients and internal staff
- Can teach us a thing or two about animation
Some recent highlights
In addition to growing our business with high profile and forward-thinking clients our creativity and effectiveness has been recognised by our peers.
Mumbrella 2018: Full Service & Media Agency of the Year, Media Campaign of the Year
Adnews 2018: Australian, Victorian & Customer Experience Agency of the Year
Cannes Lions 2018: 1 Gold, 5 Silver, 4 Bronze & 18 Finalists
B&T 2017: Australian, Advertising & Direct/Performance Agency of the Year
The One Club's ADC 2018: Australian Agency of the Year
Caples 2018: Best in Show, 6 Gold, 9 Silver & 4 Bronze
AFR 2018: 4th most innovative company in Australia
To apply to this role, or similar positions within The Clemenger Group please send your resume, along with a cover note to Sandra Benskin at Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: all applicants must have valid Australian working rights
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week