Senior Creative (Advertising)
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Senior Creative (Advertising)
Clemenger Group's specialist shopper agency Raydar is looking for a Senior Creative (hybrid Art Director/Copywriter from an advertising agency background) to join their growing team.
You will be a talented Senior Art Director with strong Copywriting ability, or the other way around.
Who are we after?
You will be a conceptual and visual expert with a good understanding of effective shopper and retail communication. Along with the Head of Creative, you will be responsible for driving the overall quality of creative thinking and cohesiveness of work leaving the agency. You will maintain a strong focus on creating brave, disruptive and inspiring ideas and will work with the Design Director and the design team to execute these to the highest visual standard.
You will possess strong leadership skills to provide experienced leadership and mentorship to the creative team (Art Directors and Copywriters). In this role, you will assist and coordinate the execution of creative projects throughout the agency, as well as oversee and direct internal and external production resources to achieve effective delivery and implementation of concepts.
This role is a client facing role, so it is essential that you are a confident and clear communicator to be able to persuasively present ideas and foster strong relationships with our clients. It is also essential that you have advertising agency experience to be considered.
In turn, you will get to be a part of an incredibly supportive and positive work environment, surrounded by a team who absolutely love what they do and the people they work with. You will work collaboratively on a variety of projects for clients such as Anchor, V Energy, Heinken, DB Export to name a few.
- A mindset and ability to lead and inspire through great work.
- An understanding of shopper marketing, retail communications and creating original solutions that drive action.
- A passion for ideas that connect and creating campaigns that affect behaviour change.
- To be able to translate strategy into concept across all required media and channels.
- An ability to see the bigger picture.
- Able to interpret and respond to client briefs with appropriate creative solutions.
- Aid the Head of Creative, Design Director and Production Director in building the creative and design reputation of the agency.
- An ability to talk persuasively and compellingly about creative work.
- An ability to make decisions and implement.
- To champion the agency, our professional recommendations and product.
- To create world-class ideas that will form the heart of effective, behaviour-changing campaigns as a key creative decision maker on the work.
- Realises the brand vision and marketing objectives through strong concepts and executions.
- Understands our clients' business and acts as a guardian of their guidelines and brand equity.
- Mentors Art Directors and Copywriters, helping the creative team establish tone, character, and messages that will effectively communicate and fulfil marketing objectives.
- Works closely with the Design Director and Designers to execute concepts effectively.
- Directs all external creative vendors (illustrators, production houses, photographers, compartists, and video producers).
- Plans, creates, and presents powerful concepts and executions. Possesses strong written and presentation skills.
- Oversees the creation and production of presentation materials.
- Responsible for the proper placement, context and meaning of creative element, as well as the overall message within a creative assignment.
- Reports state of account and current projects to Client Service project owners on a regular basis to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within budget.
- Constantly explores innovations that may enhance a client's marketing message.
- Collaborates with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve Raydar's creative product.
- Provides the department with procedural initiatives that will enhance quality, productivity, and profitability.
- Is flexible and willing to put in the extra time when required to meet deadlines.
- Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, and character.
How would we describe ourselves?
Raydar is New Zealand's leading specialist shopper and retail communications agency. We combine shopper intelligence with creativity to form campaigns that connect with people and inspire action.
OUR VISION is to be the best ‘anything' agency in New Zealand.
Raydar is part of Clemenger Group – New Zealand's largest and most successful group of advertising creative communication companies. 26% of the shares are owned by staff and we are 100% locally managed. We are in the BBDO network which is the world's most effective creative network (290 offices - 90 countries - 17,000+ staff). This means you are part of a highly regarded global network, that has local focus and truly values their staff.
Raydarians are: Creative, Positive, Thinkers, Brave and True.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, and you want to work in a supportive harmonious environment then please submit your application online.
Please apply via the job ad. Direct applications will not be considered.
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
The Clemenger Group Supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week