Intermediate Print Producer
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Intermediate Print Producer
Clemenger Group's specialist shopper agency Raydar is looking for an Intermediate Print Producer to join their growing team.
Who are we after?
Raydar are looking for a confident integrated print producer to manage print and ambient-based production projects for assigned clients. You will work in partnership with the Account Management, Creative, Design, Digital and Studio teams, always ensuring all work is produced to the highest quality standards and delivered within the available timeframe and budget.
Working collaboratively with the other Print Producers is essential to ensure that the best practice print production systems and workflow model are in place, following the daily responsibilities of the role.
Your internal contacts within the agency will be with Art Directors, Copywriters, Designers, Studio Artists, Retouching and Account Management. In addition, you will liaise internally and externally with suppliers, while managing the flow of information to ensure timely and efficient delivery to clients. This role will also have some degree and need for you to be client facing.
The three key activities of your production role include Estimating, Pre-production and Production.
- Estimate all projects before commencement of work (Ideally, see point 3).
- Negotiate with suppliers where required to gather the most competitive external costs, estimate internal costs and compile estimates, obtaining a minimum of 3 estimates.
- When required alert account management of "ballpark" costs by e-mail for work produced within the same day.
- Revise estimates to include any client revisions as per client contracts.
- Actively participate in Pre-Production meetings with Creative, Design, Account Management and retouching - discuss timings or any potential issues that can arise for studio, print and RT.
- Brief Studio and liaise with design on artwork requirements.
- Co-ordinate client approval of Artwork with Account Management.
- Understanding or questioning a brief and checking the accuracy and viability of the brief specification/requirements and lead times.
- Ensuring collaboration between different staff in different departments where appropriate (during and after pre-production meetings).
- Establish and maintain healthy collaborative relationships with all external suppliers.
- Commission/manage all external suppliers - creating PO's etc
- Attend press approvals for print projects as required.
- Process and track mock-ups, prototypes, soft proofs/printer proofs from suppliers.
- Monitoring and maintaining the quality of the job through it's life cycle.
- Keeping contact with Account Management (and where appropriate clients) to convey updates as to job status etc.
- Proactively communicate any supply issues to Print/Studio Op's Manager and or Account Management and coordinate a solution and implementation.
- Work proactively with suppliers to ensure continuous improvement and optimal production solutions for new and existing marketing materials and concepts, keeping Creatives/Design informed.
Experience and Skills Required
- Good skill base in Print Production: processes, suppliers, delivery technologies and capabilities.
- Good negotiation skills and a preparedness to find new ways to resolve issues or ways of producing work.
- The ability to communicate & empathize well with the Creative/Design teams visions and balancing this with budgets and deadlines from Account Management while considering the technical needs and maintaining the quality against the commercial considerations of time and cost.
- Good process skills, an exceptional eye for detail and an ability to be imaginative and inventive with solutions.
- Excel at operating in a fast pace environment, with a commitment to get the job done.
How would we describe ourselves?
Raydar is New Zealand's leading specialist shopper and retail communications agency. We combine shopper intelligence with creativity to form campaigns that connect with people and inspire action.
OUR VISION is to be the best ‘anything' agency in New Zealand.
Raydar is part of Clemenger Group – New Zealand's largest and most successful group of advertising creative communication companies. 26% of the shares are owned by staff and we are 100% locally managed. We are in the BBDO network which is the world's most effective creative network (290 offices - 90 countries - 17,000+ staff). This means you are part of a highly regarded global network, that has local focus and truly values their staff.
Raydarians are: Creative, Positive, Thinkers, Brave and True.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, and you want to work in a supportive harmonious environment then please submit your application online.
Please apply via the job ad. Direct applications will not be considered.
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
The Clemenger Group Supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week