Group Financial Accountant
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Group Financial Accountant (12 Month Contract)
As the Clemenger Group Financial Accountant your role will include:
- Financial Reporting – Monthly result and reforecast reporting
- Implementation, monitoring and compliance of Group programs
- Quarterly US Reporting
- Ad-hoc projects assisting the Group Financial Controller
- Mentoring – overseeing and reviewing the work of the Assistant Accountant
Note: this position is a 12-month contract (maternity leave cover).
Approach & Attitude
As the Group Financial Accountant, you will need to demonstrate and adhere to company policies and procedures and to strive for best practice in all areas of financial accounting. You will assist every business across the Clemenger Group in their reporting. In doing this, you will need to embrace and demonstrate the following attitudes and approaches to your work:
- Embody a culture of accountability and integrity
- An ability to prioritise and see tasks through to the end
- Interest in deeply understanding financial tasks, roles, processes and controls
- A desire to understand and collaborate with each Clemenger Group entity
- Interest in the advertising and marketing communications sector
- An exceptional eye for detail and a proactive attitude
- An ability to see the bigger picture
- Demonstrate a willingness to go the extra mile; be honest and considerate in all dealings
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Proactive approach to tasks and ability to work on your own initiative
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA with at least two years' experience at either a top or mid-tier accounting firm, or in commerce.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload to meet deadlines
- Proven experience in engaging with and managing the expectations of stakeholder groups at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- Confidence and openness in dealing with Management and Agency Staff
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills are essential
You will need to develop an in-depth knowledge of the financial processes at Clemenger Group and to be able to provide timely and accurate reports for the Group Financial Controller.
- Month-end Reporting – produce accurate financial reporting, monthly consolidated results and analysis
- Budgeting / Re-forecasting – producing reports and analysis for monthly reforecasts
- Analytical review of movements between actual, reforecast and prior-year
- Year-end Reporting – preparation of Statutory Accounts and assistance with the external audit process
- Working Capital - reviewing weekly reporting on the Group's working capital position, including weekly cashflow and quarterly cash forecast preparation
- Liaising with Finance Directors and Finance Managers from across the Group - this position supports internal and external stakeholders in all matters pertaining to finance.
- Reviewing the work of the Assistant Accountant
- Ad-hoc requests – support the Group Financial Controller in meeting Clemenger's local and global reporting requirements in accordance with company guidelines.
- Liaising with and assisting external auditors throughout the annual audit process
The Clemenger Group
The Clemenger Group in Australia and New Zealand is made up of more than 20 different businesses in the areas of advertising, CRM, content development, experiential marketing, PR and market research. We have over 1,200 employees and there are usually 20 to 30 vacancies at any given time across our companies.
The Clemenger Group Supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week