Senior UX Designer
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Senior UX Designer
We're on the hunt for a talented UX Designer to join a growing Strategic Design team delivering world leading digital products, services and experiences for some of Australia's highest profile energy, insurance, automotive and retail brands.
You will have at least 4 years' experience working within multidisciplinary design and development teams and be excited about the prospect of working in a collaborative and dynamic agency environment.
You will have a natural affinity for engaging with people at a deep level. Whether working with customers or fellow team members and clients, the successful applicant must be passionate about representing the human perspective in design.
- 4+ years of UX design experience (or evidence of ‘senior calibre' work if you're just shy of the mark)
- The ability to design and deliver research and user testing activities across the full scope of a project
- Sound knowledge of interaction design and component-based design systems
- Engaging presentation style, strong communication and influencing skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to solve complex design challenges across a range of platforms and devices.
On the tools (85%)
- Designing engaging user-centred concepts and components that support business objectives and work on multiple devices
- Be comfortable articulating user stories/jobs to be done and developing innovative, human centred design concepts to address these.
- Designing and delivering workshops, design sprints and other forms of agency/client/customer collaboration and co-design.
- Understanding how design research should be integrated into a project and being prepared to take an innovative approach when the opportunity arises.
- Being comfortable interrogating analytics platforms to derive insights that can inform design decisions and A/B testing activities
- Representing the voice of the user - from initial requirements gathering to concept sketching, working with UI/interaction designers and throughout the development process.
- Designing solutions that meet accessibility and inclusivity requirements and display a deep empathy for the people using the products and services we create.
- Have experience designing solutions across a variety of channels and contexts, i.e. apps, websites, ecommerce, chat-bots and voice
Advocacy (15 %)
- Act as a mentor and advisor to others in the team
- Stay on top of and share the latest developments, trends and thinking and act as a thought-leader (fist on chin profile pic optional) internally, to clients and the wider industry.
- Work with colleagues from across the agency to continue to evolve and grow CHEP's extensive design and research offerings and continue its development as a core discipline.
- Develop and document tools and techniques to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the team.
- When required, support the Account Services team with strategic input, client and market insights and contributions to workshops, meetings and presentations.
- Own the storyline and content creation for digital focused pitches and new business presentations.
- Line manage and coach UX/UI designers and senior designers (eventually).
What will set you apart from the competition:
- Experience with (or an interest in) CX, Service and Business design methods and approaches
- An ambition to develop and grow quickly within a fast paced and ‘opportunity-rich' environment
- Experience working across a range of industries including retail, financial services, automotive and ecommerce
- Being a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behaviour – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
The Clemenger Group supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week