Head of Strategy & Experience, Media
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
More than ever before the medium, the message and it's sequencing are inseparable from each other.
Unlike any time in history, connecting the medium, the message, and its sequencing to the consumer is more vital than ever.
Connected creativity is the synchronization of strategic positioning, engaging creative, combined with the next generation of engagement planning to ensure ideas create the cut-through needed to deliver the strongest commercial performances. Today, creativity cannot be left to chance. One brand expression or big TV ad is simply not enough.
More than ever, brands need to live in culture and our consumers worlds, allowing audiences to not only consume brands, but take part in owning, creating and amplifying them. To do this, the role of influencers, publishers, the news and bought media are inseparable from each other and the expression of the idea itself. To create such work, the classic disciplines of the marketing mix – advertising, experience, PR, CRM, media, digital – must all be unified, removing P&Ls, biases and incumbency to reveal a new breed of agnostic agency, resulting in connected creativity.
At CHE Proximity, we see this as the shift from brand as advertising to brand as experience. It is as profound a change in advertising as the printing press was to the democratisation of information. We are investing our every effort into leading this transformation and in doing so, supporting the sustainability of our cherished industry as an essential ingredient of modern commerce.
This is what we call Connected Creativity.
That's why we are looking for the new breed of Head of Strategy & Experience, Media
This role brings with it the unique opportunity to define what the future of media planning looks like.
We believe media is an extension of customer experience and with the rise of data and addressable channels, media now can behave as CRM at scale. As such we should be planning based on what the data tells us, in a way that is agnostic to channel whether the channel is bought, owned or earnt.
You'll be leading up our strategic media planning team and offering, helping to nurture and grow the next generation of media thinkers. The team is fantastic and already has some next generation thinkers, the likes of who are using Adobe Audience Manager and other sources of data in their media planning.
You'll also be integrating with brand, data, CRM and loyalty strategists as well as creative directors to bring together a connected and integrated outcome for the clients. This is an opportunity to work in a model where media has a voice from the very beginning.
Our client base has grown rapidly and is on an upward trajectory. All our clients are fully integrated (across digital and ATL channels) and are looking for fresh thinking in media. They cover a range of industries across education, energy, health and other service providers.
We are backed by The Omnicom Media Group and have access to all their tools, support and deals.
A day in the life:
- Leading the strategic output of media in the agency.
- Working across existing clients as well as all new business pitches.
- Working with data planners and scientists to find interesting ways to better understand the audience – what they think and how they behave.
- Working with brand planners on an integrated strategy.
- Working with the investment teams (split across biddable and non-biddable) to deliver media on our strategies.
- Working with the leaders of biddable and non-biddable investment to bring together the team as one and lead it within the agency.
- Working with the reporting team to understand the performance of media and proactively suggest ways to improve this.
- Guiding the team to deliver solutions for today, as well as exploring new and innovative solutions for tomorrow.
- Working with the team do have a clear understanding of the interrelationship between bought, owned and earned
- Working with other departments in the agency to solve client's business problems.
How will we know you are the one?
- A proven track record in delivering strong strategies for clients which deployed through media. This doesn't necessarily mean you've been working in a ‘media strategy role', you might have been leading a client's business or delivering this from the publisher side.
- Ideally fully integrated, but must have strong digital experience.
- A proven track record working in a data driven model.
- The desire to look forward, review interesting trends both inside and outside the industry and contribute to the vision of the agency.
- The ability to mentor and lead a team
Other things that would make you great in this role
- A passionate networker who is enthusiastic about the communications industry.
- Someone comfortable with change and has an ambition to change the way things are done.
- Is a natural leader who can build, foster and inspire strong teams.
- Is not intimidated by the idea of working in new ways and with new technology.
Some recent highlights
In addition to growing our business with high profile and forward-thinking clients our creativity and effectiveness has been recognised by our peers.
Tangrams: Asia Effectiveness Agency of the Year 2018, 2019
AFR Most Innovative Companies 2019: Best Marketing Innovation 2017, 2018, 2019
Mumbrella 2019: Creative Agency of the Year, Award for Data-Driven Marketing
WARC 2019: Most Effective Agency, Australia and New Zealand
Cannes 2019: 2 Silver, 2 Bronze & 7 Finalists
The Drum's Big Won Report 2018: 9th Most Creative Agency in the World
Australian Effie Awards 2018: Agency of the Year
Adnews 2018: Australian, Victorian & Customer Experience Agency of the Year
B&T 2018: Media Agency & Marketing Consultancy of the Year
The Clemenger Group supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To gain an insight as to what it is like to work at CHE Proximity please click on the people story below:
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week