|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
This is a great opportunity for mid-weight strategic planners, in Australia's sunniest city. Clemenger Brisbane is currently accelerating its technical, data and digital capabilities by bringing the capabilities of CHE Proximity to the market.
The Brisbane market is fast-paced and hands-on. You'll get more work in your book here in 12 months than you would in 2+ years in other markets. This is a generalist creative agency strategic planning role – not a specialist one. You will work across multiple kinds of projects, including brand strategy, data planning, comms planning, research and more. Even though you won't be siloed into a niche part of planning, you will be encouraged to develop a depth of skill in your area of interest.
You'll get access to in-house and external training and development opportunities, collaborate on pitches and lead the strategy for your own key clients. Our client base includes Financial Services, Aged Care, Government, FMCG, Transport, Arts, Tourism, Gambling plus more. Much of our work is state-based, so it's very important that you can demonstrate an understanding of the nuances of what makes Queensland unique.
You'll work side-by-side with, and be mentored by, the Strategy Director. However, you also need the confidence to run meetings and facilitate workshops with clients and broader agency teams, on your own. This is an important client-facing role where you'll need to develop a strong POV, but remain flexible.
You'll have 2+ years' experience as a strategic planner in a creative or media agency. You need to be in touch with a wide cross-section of culture, be innately curious, and be both a critical and lateral thinker. You will be good with both words and numbers. We need someone who can analyse data and mentally process a range of inputs, distilling into a focussed strategic recommendation. Quantitative data analysis skills will be highly regarded.
We're looking for a good human, a collaborative team player, who can form close working relationships with our creative, client service and production teams. You need to be passionate about advertising and communications; and recognise that while strategy is at the front-end of the process, we are all responsible for the final work.
Key areas of responsibility
- You will be responsible for devising strategy on a project basis.
- You will communicate directly with clients and be seen as a source of truth for all things brand and consumer
- You will be responsible for building and delivering presentations to the client that communicate the strategy
- You will champion best practice strategy and planning both within the agency and to clients
- You need to maintain an in-depth understanding of the Australian consumer and cultural trends
- You will help build campaign reports and often be required to present those reports to key client stakeholders
- You will work with research partners to create and conduct consumer research
- You will support the Strategy Director on shared projects, conducting tasks such as competitive and market analysis, facilitating workshop groups, and summarising and interpreting outputs.
- 2+ years' experience as a strategic planner in a creative or media agency
- Demonstrate an understanding of a wide cross-section of culture
- Be innately curious
- Both a critical and lateral thinker
- Be good with both words and numbers
- Be able to analyse data and mentally process a range of inputs, distilling into a focussed strategic recommendation.
- Be passionate about advertising and communications; and recognise that while strategy is at the front-end of the process, we are all responsible for the final work
- Be willing to put your hand up and help the agency deliver tasks and projects that aren't directly part of your day-to-day role
- Quantitative data analysis skills will be highly regarded
In your application, please include a sample of your strategic thinking – either as a portfolio, or case studies, or some way that demonstrates the kind of thinking you can bring to the team.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week