|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Who we are
We're a creative agency with the customer at our core.
We've been close to customers since our very beginning, with our history in retail and in- store, but now our art of persuasion has become much more scientific.
Today we can truly understand customers. Who they are, what they do, where they do it and why. And with that information we can really start to connect.
Whether it's to endear, excite, provoke or persuade them, we bring together the science of customer insight with the magic of creativity. That could be an in-store promotion. A print ad. A new product. A piece of software. Or a nice bit of story-telling.
Everything we do is designed to effectively connect with the customer and get results.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Group Director of Strategy, the Customer Experience Strategist is 99's strategic lead for creating great customer experiences and putting customers at the heart of everything we do. You may be at a creative agency already, with a passion for ideas that live beyond just communications, or may be client side or at a consultancy understanding customer journeys and designing amazing customer experiences.
Ideally, you'll be comfortable in the world of data and insight, able to extract a view of customer needs and behaviours, and comfortable observing and speaking to customers to understand what's really going on. You'll be able to stitch this understanding into compelling customer stories and use this knowledge to holistically design and review the customer experience.
This is no ordinary communications agency planning role. You'll get to lead amazing customer experience strategy projects, plus work on innovative communications programmes alongside a wider insights, strategy and experience design team. You will act as a partner to your clients in deciding how customers will experience brands across different touchpoints, from communications, to digital and physical experiences, and work collaboratively with creative teams and experience designers to bring these to life.
Skills and Experience required
- At least 3 but ideally 5+ years' experience in strategic customer experience, insight or consulting/agency roles.
- Able to map and interrogate current customer experiences and identify opportunities for improvement, including identifying the moments of disproportionate influence.
- Proficient in visual tools for the visualisation of customer journeys and experiences.
- The ability to analyse and interpret meaning from data – quantitative and qualitative.
- The ability to confidently create and ideally facilitate design thinking/HCD processes.
- The ability to structure and facilitate effective and engaging workshops with clear outcomes.
- Able to clearly define customer challenges into clear & compelling briefs, and work collaboratively with creative teams and experience designers to create world-class solutions that will change customer behaviour.
- A self-starter, able to mine for opportunities on existing clients and sell yourself and your work.
- Capabilities in planning direct and digital marketing communications campaigns and always on activity is a bonus
- A true customer champion: one that constantly seeks to bring the voice of the customer to everything we do
- A passion for insight, marketing, communications and creating original ideas that drive action.
- Willing to explore new ideas, interesting concepts, to be intellectually curious and always learning.
- Ability to make complex solutions easy to understand and communicates them persuasively.
- Ability to clearly and convincingly communicate a point of view.
Why work with us
We are part of the Clemenger Group, New Zealand's largest and most successful group of advertising communications companies with eight agencies in NZ and 16 in Australia. In turn, the Clemenger Group is part of the creatively awarded global BBDO network.
This means, when you join us, you will be part of a highly regarded global network but working for a 100% locally managed Goup that truly values its employees by promoting an inclusive workplace where diversity is embraced. We offer lots of good things from development opportunities and the chance to learn from people at the top of their game, to a staff share scheme, enhanced parental leave payments, discounted health insurance, the ability to work flexibly, an employee assistance programme, massages and cool offices in great locations.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, and you have the legal right to work in New Zealand, please click below to apply.
Please note: Direct applications will not be considered.
The Clemenger Group Supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To find out what it is like to work at 99 click on Kristyna's story:
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week