|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
We require a Systems Engineer with skills borne of broad experience to contribute to our Technical environment. The successful candidate will work on systems that provide stability and security of the CGL environment.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Report to Technical Manager
- Work with Senior Systems Engineers to ensure integrity of Network
- Resolve technical issues in a timely and professional fashion
- Assist with technical projects, with attention to Change Management processes, Implementation and full documentation
- Review integrity of current solutions and formalise proposal for change, if need be
- Ensure all proposed solutions are aligned with the overall Clemenger Group strategy
- Provide out-of-hours support as required
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the technical environment
- Maintain current competency in key technologies
Key Selection Criteria
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows and MAC environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of Active Directory
- Demonstrated experience with Backup Policy and a good understanding of networking technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of Network Security and knowledge of associated solutions (AV, Encryption)
- Experience working in a multi-site environment
- Experience in a change-managed environment
- A tertiary qualification in IT, Microsoft Certification or network technology (eg: CCNA) is advantageous and highly regarded.
Knowledge and Skills
- A strong understanding of Exchange / O365
- A strong understanding of Proofpoint / Mail flow (DKIM signing)
- Powershell scripting
- Experience in Backups – Commvault especially would be highly regarded
- Experience or understanding of VMWare
- Experience or understanding of SCCM
- Experience or understanding of Microsoft Azure would be highly regarded
- Networking knowledge would be highly regarded (VLAN, Proxies, Firewalls)
Approach is critical for this role.
- Be self-motivated, action oriented, think conceptually and operationally.
- Ability to trouble-shoot thoroughly
- Ability to resolve through research and doggedness to get the task in-hand completed
- Ability to recognise areas of vulnerability and follow-up with investigation to ensure compliance
- Ability to build relationships, work collaboratively and consultatively within a small team environment and with other Clemenger Group staff.
- Have a quality focused approach, to develop, improve and implement streamlined processes.
- Have excellent time management skills including ability to plan, set priorities and meet deadlines, with flexibility to alter priorities to meet changing demands.
- Have well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interpret and present ideas to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate a capacity to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team. Relationships The nature of the position will require that you deal with people of various levels within the business. It is essential that you have a positive approach and can communicate at both a technical and non-technical level.
The nature of the position will require that you deal with people of various levels within the business. It is essential that you have a positive approach and can communicate at both a technical and non-technical level.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week