Senior Mac Operator | Auckland-NZ
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Colenso BBDO are looking for a Senior Mac Operator, with solid Direct experience, to join our team. This role is very important to Production and the overall Agency. It is the role that helps lead the pointy end of the production process. The last line of defence before our work goes out into the market.
Working in close-knit teams to deliver projects and briefs is essential. The Studio Manager, Producers, Account Service and Creative - they all have different needs and you will have a good understanding of what they are and how to give everyone a win.
So, who are we after?
For this role it is imperative that you have a strong background in Direct/CX work.
This is a must have for this position as our client's marketing strategies focus heavily on this area.
You will pride yourself on coming up with smart, efficient and cost effective solutions to produce great work, giving guidance to the team around you and making sure the quality of the work is at the highest standard. You will have key attention to detail and be meticulous in everything you do.
- Produce finished art of a high standard according to brief. Clarify instructions with client service, creative and production where necessary. Deliver according to deadline with minimum supervision
- Maintain effectiveness in the way you work with wider project teams in your own and other departments through times of high workload and related pressures
- Detailed check of finished art before film output, proof and sample checks for colour accuracy, making sure finished art is supplied as instructed and accurate to print specifications and brand guidelines
- Actively offer assistance to other team members during quiet periods and, where possible, during peak periods when multiple projects coincide with regular scheduled activity
- Request deadline extensions where necessary and keep production and client service informed when timelines need to be changed. Make practical and art direction decisions when time and/or resource is unavailable, keeping relevant project stakeholders informed at all times
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4 + years agency experience
- Relevant Mac applications (eg. CS6 suite)
- Direct/CX work experience essential
- Degree preferred
- Relevant experience (finished art, DM experience) within a similar role
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- A passion for Advertising
- Proactive attitude and an individual that wants to learn
- Someone who can take knocks but gets back up again
- Able to take direction well from more senior members while adding value wherever possible
Who are we?
Colenso is an award winning agency and part of the Clemenger Group - New Zealand's largest and most successful group of advertising creative communication companies.
We have 8 agencies in New Zealand and 16 in Australia. BBDO was named Network of the year (for the 3rd year in a row) and Colenso has just been named #2 Agency in the world!
26% of the shares are owned by staff and we are 100% locally managed. We are in the BBDO network which is the world's most effective creative network (290 offices - 90 countries - 17,000+ staff). This means you are part of a highly regarded global network that has local focus and truly values their staff.
We encourage a good work-life balance and support that through staff initiatives and programmes. This includes massages and free fruit and snacks. Culture and people are our focus and as such we like to enjoy the company of the people we work with.
If you're interested, please ensure you apply online via the job ad as we do not accept direct applications.
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week