Senior UX Designer | Melbourne-VIC
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
CHE Proximity Melbourne are seeking a Senior UX/ Experience Designer to take a hands-on approach to building and supporting the Strategic Design offering at CHE Proximity.
To be successful in the role you'll have 5+ years of experience applying a human centred approach to creating world-class digital products and services. You'll be comfortable designing across multiple platforms and beyond the screen using a range of participatory and iterative design techniques to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and validate design concepts.
From the initial research through to deployment, you will be a strong voice for the user while at the same time ensuring that the final product is technically feasible and viable from a business perspective.
You'll get to be part of a tight knit, supportive team and work in a high energy (and dog-friendly) agency environment that's been nationally recognized for its innovative culture.
About the Strategic Design Team
The Strategic Design team at CHE Proximity draws upon a mix of UX, UI and Service designers who apply their diverse experience and skill sets to solving complex business challenges for our clients and their customers.
We work across every major account in the agency offering a range of services, including design research, UX and UI design through to developing strategy, service blueprints and mapping customer journeys and interactions. We apply a human centred and future-focused lens to our work, ensuring we're not just solving the problems of today, but preparing clients and their customers for the challenges and opportunities to come.
The role includes…
On the tools (75%)
- Be able to apply qualitative and quantitative research approaches to uncovering user insights and business needs
- Design and deliver engaging, fun and productive workshops and co-design sessions with clients and users
- Define user stories, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases
- Be able to leverage existing client research and data analytics to inform design decisions
- Define the information architecture, including the creation of wireframes, sitemaps and userflows and validate these through appropriate forms of user testing
- Be able to make concepts tangible for the wider product/design team and the client through rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping (eg sketch, axure, framer, invision)
- Translate designs for developers by supplementing prototypes with light-weight specifications and style guides
- Work closely with our in-house (and client) development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally, visually and in written form
Design Leadership (25%)
- Act as a mentor to junior designers and participate in the open sharing of new approaches, techniques, and ways of working within the Strategic Design team and with colleagues from across the agency
- Provide feedback on work produced across the department and contribute to regular conversations on how to improve team systems, resources and toolkits
- Assist the Head of Department in the creation of pitch and proposal concepts and documentation
- Seek out opportunities to advocate for the role of design across the agency and in the wider professional community.
- Actively look for opportunities to evolve the Strategic Design offering
- Facilitating design sprints and other approaches to accelerating solution development through rapid prototyping
- Being curious about where the discipline is going next and making sure we stay on our toes and are aware of new approaches, techniques and opportunities to develop our offering
What will set you apart…
- 5+ years experience in UX, interaction design and experience strategy roles. Agency/consultancy experience is highly desirable.
- The ability to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers or working with project stakeholders, you should be passionate about representing the human voice in design.
- The ability to be a storyteller. A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behaviour in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and wider project team.
- Experience being embedded in client organisations and the ability to quickly build rapport and relationships with key stakeholders.
- Being able to spot a potential business opportunity and working closely with the ‘Suits' to develop it further.
- Understanding of technical components such as CMSs, database schemas, systems integration and front end languages
- Past experience and knowledge of a (somewhat) aligned field. Our team includes people with a background in CX planning, brand strategy, urban planning and visual design. We like people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Please apply today with your folio, relevant examples of UX Design and the Process in which you have taken to get there. We can only consider people who have full working rights in Australia for this position.
Role posted by:
Jamie Francis | Senior Digital Talent Acquisition Specialist ANZ |
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week