UX Designer | Melbourne-VIC
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
We're on the hunt for a talented UX designer to join a growing Strategic Design team delivering world leading digital products and experiences for some of Australia's highest profile brands.
You will have 1-2 years experience working within multidisciplinary design and development teams and be confident in communicating your ideas and bringing them to life – from sketched out paper prototypes all the way through to high fidelity wires.
You'll be comfortable conducting user research (from guerrilla to more formal testing) and incorporating your findings to improve design outcomes.
You will have a natural affinity for engaging with people at a deep level. Whether working with customers or fellow team members and clients, the successful applicant must be passionate about representing the human perspective in design.
Head of Strategic Design
- 1-2 years of UX or product design experience
- Experience designing and running initial design research through to user testing activities
- Experience working with analytics and data to inform design decisions
- Ability to work with client stakeholders to understand and articulate business requirements and balance these against the needs of users
- Proficient developing paper, through to high fidelity prototypes
- Ability to design for a variety of platforms and screen sizes
- Engaging presentation style, strong communication and influencing skills
The role includes…
On the tools (85%)
- Being highly proficient across the latest design, prototyping and testing tools. (Sketch, Axure, Invision etc)
- Represent the voice of the user - from initial requirements gathering to concept sketching, interaction design and throughout the development process.
- Designing engaging user-centred apps, concepts and components that support business objectives and work on multiple devices
- Prioritising requirements/objectives, designing from insights, sketching, prototyping and sharing work with clients to elicit feedback.
- Be comfortable articulating user needs and developing innovative, human centred design concepts to address these.
Desired/have an interest in
- Comfortable interrogating analytics platforms to derive insights that can inform design decisions and A/B testing activities
- Experience designing solutions across a variety of channels and experiences, i.e. apps, websites, ecommerce, social and Chat-bots.
- Designing solutions that meet accessibility requirements and displaying a deep empathy for the wide variety of people using the products and services we create.
Advocacy (15 %)
- Contributing to regular reviews of tools, techniques and practices across the team.
- Staying up to date on the latest developments, trends and thinking within design and act as a thought-leader internally, to clients and the wider industry.
- Work with colleagues from across the agency to weave UX approaches into CHEP's extensive design and research offerings and continue its development as a core discipline.
- Develop and document tools and techniques to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the Experience Design team.
- When required, support the Head of Department and Account Services team with strategic input, client and market insights and contributions to workshops, meetings, pitches and presentations.
What will set you apart from the competition:
- Previous professional experience that compliments your growing UX skill-set. (This could be in another design related field or in something completely different – we'll leave it to you to make the case!)
- Experience in, or a willingness to learn Service and Strategic design methods and other approaches to dealing with complex client problems
- Proven ability to function, adapt and thrive in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Being a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behaviour – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week