Data Scientist | Auckland-NZ
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Perceptive, based in Albany, are looking for a passionate intermediate to senior level Data Scientist to use detail derived insights to help our clients make the right business decisions. As NZ's leading market research company, technology is at the core of who we are, and we work on ground breaking projects using the latest technologies to deliver insightful and impactful results.
So, who are we after?
At its core, this role is about telling compelling stories through data. This will involve developing advanced statistical models, working with large data sets, mining diverse data sources for insights and working with researchers and designers to create intuitive data visualisations. The trends, patterns and opportunities you uncover will inform how we help our clients become more profitable.
It would be advantageous if you have experience with machine learning and research.
Though the right technical background is important, the key to success in this role will be your ability to work as part of a team. Perceptive prides itself on its agile development environment, so you will need to bring excellent communication skills and work effectively with other like-minded professionals.
A natural problem solver and strong clear communicator with a collaborative nature is truly the key to being successful and growing in this role and company.
- Help create a best practice of analytics and data science across the agency.
- Leverage state-of-the-art data mining tools to deliver new value for our clients.
- Implement sustainable data and predictive modelling frameworks that deliver new value for our clients.
- Leverage new open data sources and extract further value from existing client data.
- Develop creative and intuitive data visualisations to present complex discoveries.
- Discover trends, patterns and stories told by the data and present them to stakeholders
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or related field.
- 5+ years commercial data science/analytics experience.
- Advanced skills in Python, R and SQL.
- Data visualisation experience using business intelligence tools, such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience using open source big data platforms and tools.
- Capable of blending your natural passion for data, with real world client focused outcomes.
- Strong critical thinking, creativity and problem-solving skills
- A good communicator who enjoys a collaborative team environment.
How would we describe ourselves?
We are forward thinkers who work closely together, are supportive to the core, and always encourage open communication amongst the office. You'll be joining a dynamic, award winning team who are on the path to taking the market research industry by storm. We are thoughtful, enthusiastic, and inclusive – so please no big ego's. We also love a cold beer on a sunny afternoon and we would like for you to join us!
How to apply
If this sounds like you, and you want to work in a supportive harmonious environment then please submit your application online.
Direct applications will not be considered, please apply via the job ad.
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week