UX / UI Designer
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
UX / UI Designer
We are searching for skilled Intermediate – Senior UX / UI Designer to join the award-winning design team at Clemenger BBDO in Wellington. Our focus is to do exceptional work that not only wins top creative accolades, but also delivers the best results for our clients.
So, who are we after?
As one of our UX / UI Designers you will be at home problem solving user experience issues; using insight, analytics and your extensive knowledge to prototype and validate a multitude of use cases and respective journeys, then develop and craft robust design solutions
You are a specialist not only in digital design but understand the context in which someone will interact and use your design, be it web, mobile or any other interface.
As a proactive, clear, and concise communicator, you'll maintain healthy and respectful relations within the team, always aiming to do right by our clients and act in the best interests of our team.
You'll bring your authenticity, character, energy and diversity... perhaps a unique sense of humor and social maturity (or infectious immaturity) to the Clemenger BBDO family and our treasured social culture.
What makes this role unique?
You will have the opportunity to work across a variety of award winning projects, which means you will be able to really hone your skills, add globally recognised projects to your portfolio, and feel fulfilled by the impact you're making through your work. Outwardly we are a large established agency, but we always work in close cohesion with each other, without being bogged down by a tall hierarchy and status quo.
- Minimum 4 + years in an UX / UI Design position
- Exceptional interaction and digital design skills
- Experience applying user-centered design (UCD) and interaction design methodologies
- Experience creating and validating interactive prototypes
- Experience interpreting data-driven insights
- Experience working with rapid / iterative development methodologies
- Understanding of emerging technologies, systems and platforms
- Challenging yourself and your design peers to improve what we create.
- Participate in workshops and collaborative design sprints.
- Stay aware of new ways to work, new methods and processes, identifying new design trends and opportunities in technology and communication that you can share with the design team.
- Contribute to the positive culture and energy of the work place.
- Clearly communicate with directors, project managers, developers and others.
- Ensuring we deliver quality digital assets which meet any applicable standards.
- Actively engaging with peers for work reviews to gain specific skilled insights from each other.
- Maintaining accurate time and activity logs of tasks in internal project management system.
- Working efficiently and effectively per project in line with any resource restrictions.
- Contribute to team meetings and creative reviews, for general inspiration, new ideas and improvement for current working practices, surfacing of process pain points.
- Work both independently, with direction, and as part of the wider team to deliver solutions.
Expected outputs from Digital UX Designers
- User journey development / process flow diagrams / experience maps
- Information Architecture
- Prototyping and wireframing ranging from low-fidelity to high-fidelity
- UI design and development
- Estimates for UX efforts
How would we describe ourselves?
The team at Clemenger BBDO are inquisitive, determined, hungry (not literally, there's heaps of snacks here), and outstandingly supportive and encouraging. We win together, lose together and learn together. This creates our unbeatable culture and passion for what we do day in and day out.
We work under the philosophy of ‘Provoking Greatness'. Everything we do is focussed on being and encouraging the best; of our work, our people, and our client's businesses.
Our team are creative entrepreneurs, we are thinkers, we are passionate, we thrive on a challenge, we have the appetite, capacity and stamina for ground breaking work, and remain unflappable under pressure.
If this sounds like you, come join us!
How to apply
If this sounds like you, and you want to work in a supportive harmonious environment then please submit your application online.
Direct applications will not be considered, please apply via the job ad.
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
The Clemenger Group Supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week