Senior Data Scientist
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Senior Data Scientist
This role is within the data science team at CHE Proximity, a key pillar in this full-service agency's strategic offering.
The requirement is to work hands on with some of Australia's largest business' databases, manipulating a variety of data, analysing to identify insights & opportunities, and interpreting the findings in a clear and meaningful format that can then deliver business advantage.
- Designing and building complex and often large data sets from a variety of sources
- Thinking strategically about uses of data and the interaction with customer experience
- Designing and implementing statistical data quality procedures around new data sources
- Performing data studies and data discovery around new data sources or new uses for existing data sources
- Implementing any software required for accessing and handling data appropriately
- Implementing and handing over data checking and updating procedures
- Performing statistical analysis (from basic significance testing to complex data modelling) with existing data sets
- Being a leading voice in the development and advocate of machine learning and AI
- Visualising and reporting data findings creatively in a variety of formats
- Researching software and hardware related to new technology, for example mobile, and the data opportunity
- Day to day liaison with clients, internal departments and 3rd party suppliers to enhance the work
Required Skills and Attributes
- Degree in Statistics, Computer Science or related technical field
- Utilisation of multiple diverse data sources (i.e. transactional databases, social media data and web analytics) to formulate insight-driven strategy across multiple channels, including direct and digital
- Practical ability to visualize data, communicate the data, and utilize it effectively
- Strong problem solving and logical skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor
- Proficiency in specific data analysis and data manipulation tools (e.g. R, Python, SAS, SQL)
- Proficiency in data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI)
- Competent ability in MS PowerPoint and able to communicate the output
- Strong mathematics and statistics skills
A Bit About Us
At CHE Proximity we solve business problems by starting with the value of customers.
By combining data, technology, customer experience (in both paid and owned channels) and disruptive content, we engineer communications that change customer behaviour and motivate greater commercial return.
When it comes to staff, we look for individuals who are passionate and dedicated to delivering world-class solutions. People who radiate and bring energy into every conversation and project. People who know who they are and where they are going.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week