Senior UX Designer
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
WHO IS CHE PROXIMITY
CHE Proximity is at the intersection of design, data, technology, customer experience, media and brand.
From large scale digital transformation projects, to a program of content that genuinely makes small business smarter. From campaigns that blatantly use competitor spend to drive sales, to utilities that reframe complex decisions and make them simple.
‘Advertising' isn't the best way to describe what we do at CHE Proximity.
We're building the agency of tomorrow, and making people move valuable to brands.
THAT'S WHY WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE NEW BREED OF SENIOR UX DESIGNER
The UX and Digital Design teams at CHE Proximity draw upon a mix of UX, UI and Service designers who apply their diverse experience and skill sets to solving complex business challenges for our clients and their customers.
We work across every major account in the agency offering a range of services, including design research, UX and UI design through to developing strategy, service blueprints and mapping customer journeys and interactions. We apply a human centred and future-focused lens to our work, ensuring we're not just solving the problems of today, but preparing clients and their customers for the challenges and opportunities to come.
The role includes two main pillars:
On the tools (75%)
- Be able to apply qualitative and quantitative research approaches to uncovering user insights and business needs
- Design and deliver engaging, fun and productive workshops and co-design sessions with clients and users
- Define user stories, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases
- Be able to leverage existing client research and data analytics to inform design decisions
- Define the information architecture, including the creation of wireframes, sitemaps and userflows and validate these through appropriate forms of user testing
- Be able to make concepts tangible for the wider product/design team and the client through rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping (eg sketch, axure, framer, invision)
- Translate designs for developers by supplementing prototypes with light-weight specifications and style guides
- Work closely with our in-house (and client) development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally, visually and in written form
Design Leadership (25%)
- Act as a mentor to a team of digital designers and participate in the open sharing of new approaches, techniques, and ways of working within the Strategic Design team and with colleagues from across the agency
- Launch the discipline in the Sydney office and build awareness of best practices across the creative, production and account services teams to establish a credible centre of excellence
- Provide feedback on work produced across the department and contribute to regular conversations on how to improve team systems, resources and toolkits
- Assist the Head of Department in the creation of pitch and proposal concepts and documentation
- Seek out opportunities to advocate for the role of design across the agency and in the wider professional community.
- Actively look for opportunities to evolve the Strategic Design offering
- Facilitating design sprints and other approaches to accelerating solution development through rapid prototyping
- Being curious about where the discipline is going next and making sure we stay on our toes and are aware of new approaches, techniques and opportunities to develop our offering
What will set you apart…
- 5+ years experience in UX, interaction design and experience strategy roles. Agency/consultancy experience is highly desirable.
- The ability to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers or working with project stakeholders, you should be passionate about representing the human voice in design.
- The ability to be a storyteller. A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behaviour in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and wider project team.
- Experience being embedded in client organisations and the ability to quickly build rapport and relationships with key stakeholders.
- Being able to spot a potential business opportunity and working closely with the ‘Suits' to develop it further.
- Understanding of technical components such as CMSs, database schemas, systems integration and front end languages
- Past experience and knowledge of a (somewhat) aligned field. Our team includes people with a background in CX planning, brand strategy, urban planning and visual design. We like people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Adobe Innovation Award 2018: Data-Driven Marketing Implementation & Multi-Solution Implementation
Contagious Pioneers 2019: placed 5th
The Drum's Big Won Report 2018: 9th Most Creative Agency in the World
Tangrams 2018: Asia Effectiveness Agency of the Year
Australian Effie Awards 2018: Agency of the Year, 1 Gold, 5 Silver
Mumbrella 2018: Full Service & Media Agency of the Year, Media Campaign of the Year
Adnews 2018: Australian, Victorian & Customer Experience Agency of the Year
Cannes Lions 2018: 1 Gold, 5 Silver, 4 Bronze & 18 Finalists
B&T 2018: Media Agency & Marketing Consultancy of the Year
The One Club's ADC 2018: Australian Agency of the Year
Caples 2018: Best in Show, 6 Gold, 9 Silver & 4 Bronze
AFR Most Innovative Companies 2018: #4 in Australia and Best Marketing Innovation
The Clemenger Group supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To gain an insight as to what it is like to work at CHE Proximity please click on the people story below:
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week