Senior Experience Designer
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Due to recent wins we're looking for a Senior UX Designer to help grow our Experience Design practice and deliver considered, world-leading digital products, services and experiences for some of Australia's highest profile energy, financial services, not for profit, automotive and retail brands.
You'll be proficient across the full gamut of UX research, strategy and design - and be equally at home leading a workshop and designing and conducting research as you are being on the tools.
You will have a natural affinity for engaging with people at a deep level. Whether acting in a strategic client-facing capacity or building rapport with peers and colleagues across our Sydney and Melbourne locations.
- 4+ years of UX design experience within a multidisciplary digital environment (user research, creating user stories, process flows, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, usability testing etc.)
- The ability to design and deliver research and user testing activities across the full scope of a project.
- Experience working across native mobile and web-based platforms with VX experience a plus.
- Sound knowledge of interaction design and component-based design systems.
- Engaging presentation style, strong communication and interpersonal skills with a willingness to robustly represent the voice of the user across the duration of a project.
- The ability to think (and act) strategically and consider the wider implications of the design decisions you make.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to solve complex design challenges across a range of platforms and devices.
- Skilled across a range of design tools and platforms (Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure etc.)
The role includes:
“On the tools” (85%)
- Playing a key role (alongside Snr Producers and department heads) on large scale digital transformation projects.
- Taking ownership of UX related deliverables across the duration of a project – from initial discovery research through to optimisation planning and A/B testing.
- Designing solutions that meet accessibility and inclusivity requirements and display a deep empathy for the people using the products and services we create.
- Working closely with our UI and dev leads to ensure what we design draws upon their expertise and insights.
- Leading the design and delivery of workshops, design sprints and other forms of agency/client/customer collaboration and co-design.
- Designing solutions across a variety of channels and contexts, i.e. apps, websites, ecommerce, chat-bots and voice.
Strategy / leadership (15%)
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help grow the capability of the wider experience team (inc CX and Service Design) across both Sydney and Melbourne offices.
- Stay on top of the latest developments, trends and thinking within the industry and act as a thought-leader internally, to clients and the wider industry.
- Work with colleagues from across the agency to continue to evolve and grow CHEP's extensive design and research offerings and continue its development as a core discipline.
- Develop and document tools and techniques to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the team.
- When required, support the Account Services team with strategic input, client and market insights and contributions to workshops, meetings and presentations.
- Line manage and coach Jnr UX designers (eventually).
What will set you apart
- Experience (or an interest in) applying your skills within a service/business design context.
- An ambition to develop and grow quickly within a fast paced and ‘opportunity-rich' working environment.
- Experience working across a range of industries including retail, financial services, automotive and ecommerce.
- Being a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behaviour – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
Some recent highlights
In addition to growing our business with high profile and forward-thinking clients our creativity and effectiveness has been recognised by our peers.
Adobe Innovation Award 2018: Data-Driven Marketing Implementation & Multi-Solution Implementation
Contagious Pioneers 2019: placed 5th
The Drum's Big Won Report 2018: 9th Most Creative Agency in the World
Tangrams 2018: Asia Effectiveness Agency of the Year
Australian Effie Awards 2018: Agency of the Year, 1 Gold, 5 Silver
Mumbrella 2018: Full Service & Media Agency of the Year, Media Campaign of the Year
Adnews 2018: Australian, Victorian & Customer Experience Agency of the Year
Cannes Lions 2018: 1 Gold, 5 Silver, 4 Bronze & 18 Finalists
B&T 2018: Media Agency & Marketing Consultancy of the Year
The One Club's ADC 2018: Australian Agency of the Year
Caples 2018: Best in Show, 6 Gold, 9 Silver & 4 Bronze
AFR Most Innovative Companies 2018: #4 in Australia and Best Marketing Innovation
The Clemenger Group supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To gain an insight as to what it is like to work at CHE Proximity please click on the people story below:
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week