|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Redhanded was established in 2002 as a fully integrated advertising and communications agency specialising in integrated communications solutions for businesses that target regional and rural audiences. In 2013, Redhanded joined the Clemenger BBDO network. Today we employ nearly 30 staff from our office in St Kilda Rd, Melbourne.
Redhanded believes in making authentic connections between brands and audiences with a focus on categories including farm, food, health and lifestyle. We make meaningful, authentic connections between brands and people that makes small brands feel big and big brands feel personal. We call this ‘Famously Local'.
The business is organised into three divisions: Creative Technology (including digital), Strategy and Insights (including media) and Project Management.
Media at Redhanded
Media is a core component of Redhanded's fully integrated communications offer. We are a major buyer of regional and rural media across all channels as well as into metro markets on behalf of our clients.
Redhanded is seeking a dynamic media professional who knows the landscape and can take this knowledge to design and deliver high-performing, innovative and integrated online and offline media strategies—to drive growth for clients and for Redhanded.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Media Director is involved throughout the planning, execution and evaluation process with new and existing clients in activities such as:
- Identification of media-driven opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Development of full media plans to support pitches and campaigns, including:
- Setting of campaign objectives and performance measures.
- The use of data tools and insights to define and profile the target audience(s) and, based on this and campaign objectives.
- Development and presentation of full media plans with clear channel rationales, including costs, timing and ROI.
- Media negotiation and buying (including working with relevant publishers / vendors and third-party suppliers).
- Execution of campaigns including detailed monitoring and reporting during and after campaigns, as well as making adjustments to plans in-market in order to optimise.
Competencies and Qualities
To deliver this, Redhanded seeks a Media Director with the following skills and attributes:
- Vision and Drive
- Motivated, high-achiever who is performance-driven to build on Redhanded's existing media offer and develop and shape the proposition.
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone to “reimagine” the Redhanded media offering to provide greater value to our clients.
- Growth and development are key, and the successful candidate will be expected to develop and shape an innovative offer for media at Redhanded.
- Ability to set a vision for the media offer and grow its contribution to Redhanded's revenue and brand, including attracting media-only clients.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial in creating new media strategies and ideas to convert potential clients and grow current clients.
- Relationships and Communications
- Build and maintain strong, trusted and enduring relationships with clients and publishers.
- Advanced communications skills and the ability to present internally and externally and sell-in media opportunities.
- Well connected with strong existing relevant industry relationships.
- An understanding of the wider Clemenger Group's media capabilities and to work with external suppliers, as needed, such OMD.
- Educate, consult and partner with key clients to become and invaluable part of their marketing team and decision making.
- Foster and support Redhanded's performance-driven culture and work effectively across the organisation, and specifically with the Project Management team, Data Strategist and the Strategy and Insights team.
- The ability to inspire, motivate and develop those around you.
- Monitor and evaluate the business case for current and future supplier relationships and make recommendations for skills and services Redhanded should outsource or retain in-house, including those available from suppliers such as Media IQ, Amobee, Admatic as well as metro-buying through OMD.
- Strategy and Detail
- Strong knowledge of the full online (including display, programmatic, retargeting, social etc) and offline media landscape including traditional as well as new and emerging opportunities.
- Strong strategic thinker with analytic capabilities who can see trends and opportunities in media-related data.
- Ability to plan and execute and monitor multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and commercial and financial acumen and ability to reach targets.
- An understanding of regional and rural audiences and media channels and experience with media in Redhanded's ‘verticals' of: farm, food, health and lifestyle.
- Familiarity with data tools, reporting platforms and ability to develop and visualise campaigns results.
- 5+ year industry relevant experience in a media role with digital media buying experience
- Ability to plan, manage and set up Google ad campaigns, GA management and Social media campaigns
- Must have experience in Programmatic activity
- A solid understanding of Google tag manager and Doubleclick is essential
- Datorama campaign reporting dashboard experience preferred but not essential
- Exposure to Roy Morgan, Helix Personas, Google Analytics and other audience analysis tools for insights and profiling
- Ability to produce high quality campaign reports
- Ability to use financial platforms such as Spectra MD and Spectra PF, previously known as BMD and BCC Enterprise
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills essential including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Please note: All applicants must have valid Australian working rights.
The Clemenger Group supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week