Planning Director, Brand
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
Clemenger BBDO in Sydney is looking for a Planning Director, Brand, to join their team. This person will help focus, inspire and drive original & effective ideas ensuring Clemenger BBDO produces ‘work that works'.
Key areas of responsibility
- To lead the brand agendas on a range of key, award winning Clemenger BBDO clients
- Able to provide a strong and cogent point of view about the strategic direction a brand should take.
- Be a provocative and articulate strategic thinker at the forefront of marketing in the digital age.
- Articulates how a brand will outmaneuver their competitive set in both short and long term communication tactics.
- Provides a bridge between a brand's platform and the engagement experience people undergo.
- Be an explorer, possessing a rounded understanding of the times we live in with an inane curiosity about the day and age.
- Be a keen listener who is always on the lookout for human truths that help the agency more accurately create ideas in all environments.
- Be a leader of the planning discipline working closely with the Executive Planning Director in the strategic evolution of the agency's Planning capabilities to further enhance the work and its effectiveness.
- Work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer, the Creative leadership team and GBD's to contribute effectively to the overall objectives of the agency with an emphasis on the agency's reputation in creative, effective and interactive thinking and resulting work.
- Motivated and approachable individual who is respected within the agency and by partners at large.
- Providing strategic direction to cross agency teams to create market leading, integrated work.
- Have an enduring passion for ideas, be they business, marketing or communication focused with a practical knowledge of digital, social, content, technologies, platforms, mobile and all things interactive.
- Sound understanding of marketing disciplines and knowledge of branding, positioning and metrics, both established and emerging social and behavioural measurement.
- Ability to think analytically, laterally and at times unconventionally through a delivery that is simply told.
- A disciplined, efficient approach to problem solving with the ability to be both rigorously analytical as well as intuitive.
- Create succinct creative and tactical briefs that inspire clients and teams
- A profound curiosity for the creative process, societal attitudes & behaviours, and the implications for how we communicate while demonstrating how work moves between paid and unpaid media.
- Highly developed listening skills in a client environment, within the agency and in a research forum, bringing a gravitas and energy consummate with the position.
- Strong written and verbal skills including moderation/facilitation for research as needed, brainstorming and formal/informal client presentations.
While it is not essential, having a strong understanding of and experience working across FMCG and QSR clients would be ideal.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an award-winning integrated advertising agency which is part of a global network, where you can grow and develop. Our team has a diverse mix of creative and intelligent individuals who are passionate about creating world-class advertising. This isn't your typical office environment, it's energetic, youthful and there's a good balance between work and fun.
The Clemenger Group supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
To gain an insight as to what it is like to work at Clemenger BBDO Sydney please click on the people story below:
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week