|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
As an Account Director, you will be a senior ongoing interface between your clients and the agency on a day-to-day basis. It is a hands-on role requiring you to lead your account team, build business from your existing clients, and develop new business opportunities on an ongoing basis. You are responsible for the financial performance of your accounts and in particular preparing and meeting monthly revenue forecasts.
On this account, you will be required to act with a significant level of autonomy and responsibility. It will however, require you to work closely with the General Manager and Planning Director to whom you are responsible for communicating your client issues/opportunities and proposed solutions.
And finally it's a role that is all about “the work” - the quality, innovation and effectiveness of the strategic and creative product the agency delivers. You'll understand the importance of this and be passionate about making the contribution you can to ensure the work is great.
Skills and experience required
- 5-6 years+ experience in marketing related roles ideally within an agency environment.
- Prior management experience (agency or client side).
- A passion for integrated marketing communications and great creative work.
- A deep understanding and passion for the elements that make up the “new” direct marketing (data, analytics, digital media, platforms, CRM etc).
- A commitment to staying current in a specialist field that is changing constantly.
- An understanding and proven experience of account management principles.
- Commercial acumen.
- Experience across a broad range of industry sectors.
- A proven ability to consult with clients at all levels (from strategic to operational), adding value to their business in the process.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- A desire to work in, and contribute to, a fast paced, constantly evolving, team environment.
Who we are
We transform the way our clients' cultivate relationships with their customers. We harmonise CX strategy, creative ideas and technology and create communication programmes that generate long-term value for the business, by putting the customer at the centre of our design. The way we work is a reflection of the work we do – we take the time to deeply understand our clients' businesses so the solutions we develop are genuinely in their best interests. Because commercial success isn't delivered in a transaction, it's built through relationships.
Why work with us
We are part of the Clemenger Group, New Zealand's largest and most successful group of advertising communications companies with eight agencies in NZ and 16 in Australia. In turn, the Clemenger Group is part of the creatively awarded global BBDO network.
This means, when you join us, you will be part of a highly regarded global network but working for a 100% locally managed Group that truly values its employees by promoting an inclusive workplace where diversity is embraced. We offer lots of good things from development opportunities and the chance to learn from people at the top of their game, to a staff share scheme, enhanced parental leave payments, discounted health insurance, the ability to work flexibly, an employee assistance programme, massages and cool offices in great locations.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, and you have the legal right to work in New Zealand, please click below to apply.
Please note: Direct applications will not be considered.
The Clemenger Group Supports an inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week