|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
About Porter Novelli
What is Porter Novelli?
We've been in the communications business for nearly 50 years. We've seen plenty of change, but one thing that hasn't changed is our drive to gain a competitive edge with innovation and sector leadership over all those years. While we're still in the business of public relations, the way we practice is in constant change. Our curious, hard-working team includes writers, designers, creative planners, animators, publicists, editors, researchers, social media specialists, lobbyists, brand experts and corporate affairs leaders. They concentrate their work in what we call the super sectors: agribusiness, health and wellbeing, government, not-for-profit, education and professional services in finance, technology and property. Our essential purpose is to inform and support change. We mix media relations, social marketing, integrated campaigns, corporate communications and consumer marketing with a contemporary approach across paid, owned, shared and earned media. We believe effective, creative and unexpected communication is often the result of how well an organisation listens to its audiences.
Porter Novelli is owned by Clemenger Group Limited, Australasia's largest, most successful marketing communications company.
What makes a great Porter Novelli person?
The classic Porter Novelli profile is curious, collaborative, smart, respectful, dynamic, supportive and vibrant – with an interesting life story to share. We need to know what we don't know and be prepared to learn something every day. We bring our best self to the work we do for our clients. Teamwork and initiative are vital. We love words, have an eye for the absurd and a belief that it's possible to be both excellent and urgent, simultaneously.
Overview of the role
Consultants provide strategic, day-to-day advice to clients and the team. You are an integral part of each client team, responsible with your colleagues for the success of our work. In our flat structure you report to a Managing Partner, with the expectation that over time you will take on line management responsibilities of your own.
Approach and attitude
- A positive ‘can-do' attitude to the work and wider company responsibilities
- Determination to see all tasks through to the end
- Eye for detail and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Deliver and demand the highest standards in all aspects of your work
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and stakeholders to meet deadlines
- Good organisational mind, quick thinking, strong delegation skills
- Perseverance, a problem solver
Knowledge and understanding
You need to demonstrate knowledge of the communications landscape in Australia, including social and other emerging media platforms, and happenings in business, politics, media and community. You should have a sound knowledge of industry ethical standards. You will need to be a persuasive writer, flexible across client setting, sectors and industries. You must enjoy the art of problem solving by rigorously seeking out solutions, and settling on the most appropriate for the problem, not necessarily the easiest. As a researcher, you will have the skills to distil the need when briefed, and efficiently resolve and report findings and recommendations to colleagues, collaborators and clients.
Mandatory skills include:
- Develop communication strategies or programs, with support from leadership
- Ability to write high-quality and accurate material for different audiences and communication channels
- Ability to liaise confidently with clients, media and other stakeholders
- Ability to think on your feet to provide clients and teams with solutions to problems
- Strong listening, negotiation and persuasive skills
- Comfort in delivering news – good, bad and indifferent
- Effective project management
As a Consultant you will work with fellow Consultants and Senior Consultants to deliver programs and campaigns for clients, which will be measured by:
- Adoption of recommendations
- Effective delivery of promised work
- Effective budget management
- Evaluation of results obtained from the agreed program
- Strong positive client relationship and feedback
- Ongoing effective, flexible and innovative choice of communications tools Relationships Internal relationships – you will be expected to develop strong working relationships with your colleagues, collaborators, peers and client teams. You will bring an active involvement to team and company meetings.
You will be expected to develop strong relationships with your clients, working to understand and meet their expectations.
Strong relationships with media and other stakeholders, including export collaborators and business referrers, by finding what they need and consistently meeting deadlines. Building relationships and engaging with the wider industry, and represent Porter Novelli at external activities as required.
Get notified for similar jobs
You'll receive updates once a week